Join any of our team for a gratifying career!
ActivePILOT is looking for a highly professional Front Office Manager to lead with our front office objectives, manage our reception area and activities, and undertake a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks in support of our flight instructors and administrative team. Being the first ‘face’ of our administration office, this person should have been a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to ensure that all visitors and callers, alike, receive a heartwarming welcome and assistance. Our ideal candidate must be able to understand and enforce policies; take initiative as well as productively manage his/her time with or without supervision; have great time management and organizational skills; must be able to efficiently juggle various tasks promptly; must be able to handle and work well under stress. The ideal candidate will also operate professionally and ethically; refrain from gossip and be able to efficiently handle complaints and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality. Preferred candidates must have a background or knowledge in aviation and the flight training industry, flight schools, or pilot training courses. This person must have excellent communication skills, phenomenal customer services skills, and be comfortable working with others of diverse statuses and backgrounds. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure that all front office-related tasks are efficiently managed and executed to add maximum value to the organization.
- Graduation from a high school.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a similar position; previous experience and/or qualifications as an Executive Assistant or Secretary is a plus.
- Must have a good working knowledge of administrative procedures or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties of this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current vehicle insurance.
- Must also be able to successfully pass background and reference clearances and follow all safety protocols enforced by the Company and as listed under the below-working conditions.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills and be able to demonstrate dependability, promptness, punctuality, and professionalism always.
- Must have extensive people skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, positively, and effectively with diverse groups while fostering and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Must possess personal qualities related to respect for the rights and confidentiality of others and be able to always apply discretion.
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience with policy compliance, office management, and basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and be attentive to detail and accuracy, with a creative mind and the ability to suggest and implement improvements as needed.
- Must have good hands-on experience with Google Workspace, MS Office (specifically Excel and Word), and general office machines (e.g., fax machines and printers);
- Must have experience coordinating and executing organizational events and be able to manage multiple tasks and projects promptly.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stress in times of working in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment.
Under the direction of the CEO or designee, the Front Office Manager’s duties consist of efficient oversight of front office operations for a one to two-member team and execution of all administrative-related functions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide direct supervision, including but not limited to the planning, training, directing, and delegating of assignments and activities for front office staff.
- Ensure that team members are fully informed of the operations and functions of the organization as well as oversee that all duties and interactions are executed professionally and thoroughly while exemplifying excellent customer service skills.
- Provide direct service which includes the greeting and assisting of all clients and visitors, including politicians and other guests, ensuring that they are directed accordingly and efficiently.
- Deal with queries from the public or clients via telephone as well as in-person in which you may need to provide direction and/or take and relay messages accordingly.
- Deal with customer complaints or issues as necessary.
- Ensure office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, postage machines,s, and printers are maintained in good working order and oversee inventory control concerning reception/break areas.
- Organize and oversee all Admin conference rooms, ensuring cleanliness, order, and that all equipment is properly working; be prepared to contact the appropriate person to remedy equipment and/or system malfunctions and follow up to ensure requests are thoroughly completed.
- Coordinate meeting schedules and bookings of Admin conference rooms as well as assist with the preparations of training sessions, meetings and organize catering when applicable.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services.
- Assist with various special projects and the coordination and execution of all organizational-related events, including planning in-house or off-site activities, like annual parties, celebrations, conferences, and award ceremonies.
- Serve as the point person for office duties including, running office-related errands and shopping for meetings/events.
- Oversee the receiving, sorting, and distributing of all mail and deliveries.
- Coordinate the purchasing, ordering, and maintaining of Admin office supplies and other purchases as necessary.
- Process bills and invoices relevant to each order/request.
- Maintain files and records with an effective filing system.
- Collect and review petty cash request forms to ensure completion and approval signatures before submitting to CEO and/or fiscal for further processing.
- Collect and complete a preliminary review of company-wide timesheets to ensure accuracy and approval signatures before submitting them to payroll for further processing.
- Oversee and coordinate the usage and maintenance of the company’s vehicles.
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization as well as monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Oversee that all rental properties maintain clean and professional appearances – internally and externally – and be prepared to communicate with building management when building maintenance is required. Follow up to ensure that all building requests are completed.
- Assist Safety with the coordination of emergency evacuations in the event of an emergency or during test runs.
- Assist with the enforcement of school policies to ensure that all safety and security requirements are met.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents as necessary.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to other teams.
- Other duties as determined by the needs of the CEO/company.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty considering potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position will require wearing protective equipment (e.g., mask, gloves, etc.,), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position. Note: Measures may change based on the level of safety concerns. Employees may also be required to spend most of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending. Must have excellent time management skills, must be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines. Must also be able to travel to other locations for training, conferences, and/or meetings within or outside our local area and occasionally statewide in which such travel may last one (1) or more days – if/as necessary. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance are a must. Must be able to provide official proof of vaccination or religious/exemption status from a verifiable clergy or doctor with contact information and signature included. Employees with approved exemptions will be required to provide COVID testing once a week or more, as necessary, and as enforced by the Company and its Contractors, the County, and other applicable laws, regulations, or orders.
ActivePILOT’s Office Manager salary starts at $16.00/Hour + flight training perks and discounts.
How to Apply
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Careers@ActivePILOT.com.