Your Sky Office Awaits
Join Our Flight Instructors’ Team
ActivePILOT, a leader in flight training, is looking for qualified FAA flight instructors to join our flight instructor hiring pool in Van Nuys, California. At ActivePILOT we are always on the lookout for exceptional CFIs, CFIIs, and MEIs to provide our students with the professional training they deserve.
- Have a CFI, CFII, or MEI certification issued by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Must be able and willing to participate in ActivePILOT’s DOT Drug & Alcohol testing program.
- Must have two (2) years of related experience.
- If no ATP must meet the requirements of 14 CFR part 61.64 without a Supervised Operating Experience (SOE) limitation.
- A minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating.
- Knowledge of aviation safety standards and practices.
- Knowledge of common aviation regulations.
- Ability to manage classes and teach effectively.
- First-level facilitation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to be coachable and receive feedback to support development.
- Basic computer proficiency – Microsoft Office and other internet-based programs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The Flight Instructor delivers exceptional ground and simulator flight instruction in accordance with aviation regulations and ActivePILOT Training principles.
- The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job.
- Conduct pilot ground and simulator training for clients receiving core, specialty, or enrichment training courses.
- Develop and prepare training materials that support training delivery to meet the client’s needs in accordance with the applicable curriculum.
- Evaluate and measure trainee progress and recommend for qualification or additional training.
- Complete accurate training records specific to each client, aiding their success in achieving the requested objective(s).
- Identify client training issues and seek assistance prior to execution.
- Maintain Instructor qualifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Additionally, the employee may work in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration.
ActivePILOT pays $35-50/Hour to its flight instructors.
How to Apply
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Careers@ActivePILOT.com.